Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have noticed my doggie now has spots on tummy

Customer Question

Hi :) I have noticed my doggie now has spots on tummy and by groin area, and is itchy,flaky, and with an odor. I have bathed him with organic apple cider. Should I take him straight to vet, or see if the bathing over the week helps cure? I have an appointment for tomorrow, but don't want him on an I biotic if not necessary. Thank you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. How long has this ben present?Is it moist or dry?Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am taking my little one to the vet today. It is dry though. The vinegar solution did not ease the icing very much. I just am worried about anibiotics. I'm not sure how that will help the skin. I will ask the vet, and continue the vinegar rise to kill the yeast on skin. How long does it usually take to see healing of skin? (The spots, flakes and rust color inbetween paws?)
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again,Since you are taking him to be seen, do you wish for me to answer or would you like me to send this question back to customer service for a refund?All the best,Dr. B.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes please, if you wouldn't mind requesting a refund. Thank you so much.