Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is scratching and running around. She is panting an

Customer Question

My dog is scratching and running around. She is panting an has her tongue out. We put front line on her earlier today. Can't find any ticks.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Samantha 9 years old. She has used front line before.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Samantha?
Customer: We had chemicals on the lawn such as tick repellent and for grubs. That was a few days ago. Samantha has been walking more than normal, She is not eating as much.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: How long has she been showing these signs?Where is she scratching specifically? Any hives or changes to the skin?Was she in contact with the lawn treatment while it was wet?Any signs of GI upset or belly soreness?