Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He does need a tooth removed babyvtooth but last night he started

Customer Question

He does need a tooth removed babyvtooth but last night he started yelping if you touch him any where on his body. He yelps and is in pain could this tooth cause him pain in his whole body tooth is being removed on Monday what should l do he seems in alot of pain
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Max. 2 years baby tooth
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Max?
Customer: He does take zonisamide never seen him have a seizure but vet did just struck back leg out and acted confused he also is taking a small piece of beneidryl for allergy a few weeks ago he was taken to animal hospital and they said he had a reverse sneeze
JA: Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is also crying and seems like he is hurting but wants to be cuddled but wgen ever you touch him he screams in pain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. To answer you directly, no, a retained baby tooth shouldn't be causing generalized pain and, in fact, may not be painful at all. Dogs who vocalize when approached, touched, or lifted are often afraid of being hurt. They often suffer spinal/back pain such as that which is seen with degenerative disk disease (a "slipped disk"). Which breed is Max, please? Please clarify "just struck back leg out and acted confused".
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 12 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?