Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

The children's flintstones vitamins is bad ?

Customer Question

The children's flintstones vitamins is bad for dogs? For years I put some in there food and tonight my 18 pound dogs ate like 3 or so. Is he going to be ok?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Moo and he is 4 but I give the vitamins to all my dogs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Moo?
Customer: All my dogs eat all natural food I cook with all kinds of vitamins in it. So I just need to know if I should stop the flintstones and if moo going to get sick tonight from eating 3
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 11 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!Luckily 3-4 of these will not harm your Moo even at 18 pounds. At the worst you might see digestive upset overnight and into tomorrow but I highly suspect that he will show no ill effects whatsoeverYou can take precautions of mixing white rice and lean boiled meat in with his normal food for 24-48 hours (reducing his normal diet) but I have had dogs eat 5 times this amount and have just gi upset as a result so I suspect he will have no issuesPlease let me know if you have any additional questions but luckily Moo should be just fine :)I am online another 15 minutes if I can be of any further assistance tonight If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So overall do I stop giving the dogs the vitamins ??
If you make a homemade diet they should be supplemented with calcium (bone meal) and ester C more than any other vitamin supplements. You can certainly supplement with a pet vitamin without any issues
Does this information make sense? Can I clarify anything else for you this evening?
Good morning, I wanted to check in on your dog and check to see if you needed any further assistance? If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman