Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

I got rubbing alcohol in my chihuahuas eyes what shoud ido

Customer Question

i got rubbing alcohol in my chihuahuas eyes what shoud ido ?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!You have done exactly as I would advise, rinsing the eyes out. At this point besides rinsing is to keep him from rubbing until the irritation resolves.This may include:- Saline flush for contact lenses to flush the eyes versus regular water- Benadryl 1 mg/ pound every 6-8 hours for the day to minimize redness, irritation and rubbing but also allow him to rest more comfortablyIf there is redness to the white of the eye that is not subsiding, he is aggressively rubbing, the center or cornea of the eye becomes hazy then please consider a veterinary er but if you rinsed immediately this would be the best bet in minimizing irritation caused by the alcoholPlease let me know how else I can assist you both today If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
You can also take a moist towel and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes then apply to the eyes to provide temporary relief
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today, I am online another 30 minutes tonight to assist you both If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!