Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Chip has a lump under his chin. Just like where a human

Customer Question

Hello, Chip has a lump under his chin. Just like where a human has their glands
JA: I'm sorry that Chip Has A Lump Under His Chin is feeling poorly. What is the matter with Chip Has A Lump Under His Chin?
Customer: I am concerned, I have never seen the lumps before today and I check both my dogs frequently\
JA: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chip Has A Lump Under His Chin?
Customer: I have just changed there food
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!Can you please tell me if this is in the throat latch area of the jaw? Is he feeling well otherwise? No odor to his breath? And it is just one side affected? Thank you
The primary differentials of a lump in this area include:- A lymph node enlargement and when it is just the one (your veterinarian will feel all of them) it is often due to an inflammatory response or infection within the mouth. Treated with oral antibiotics and anti inflammatories- A clogged or infected salivary gland which may be treated with oral antibiotics and anti inflammatories as well- Unrelated to either/ or and be a mass of unknown originYour veterinarian will want to aspirate or poke the lump and look at the consistency (saliva is stringy) as well as under the microscope for cellular information to diagnose the cause...Often treatment above is initiated and we see an improvement within 3-5 days of initiation. In the meanwhile using warm compresses to the area in ten minute intervals. In addition, monitor how he is eating. Is he tilting his head as if he has a sensitive tooth when he chews, especially with cooler temperatures such as an ice cube? If so, then consider softening his food until you can see your veterinarian to ease his ability to eatI hope this information makes sense. Most common this is an inflammatory or infectious response and not cancerous but a veterinary exam is warranted to differentiate between the possibilities... If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I am glad you were able to view my responses earlier. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! I am online another hour tonight to assist you both If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman