Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My labs eyes are really swollen . They where little red early

Customer Question

My labs eyes are really swollen . They where little red early this week but got really bad this morning
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Macy
JA: How old is Macy?
Customer: 2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Macy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
Can you upload a close-up photo(s) of Macy's eyes to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as You appear to be describing a hypersensitivity reaction - to vaccinations, environmental allergens such as pollens, molds, dust, and dust mites, etc., foods, drugs, chemicals, and even environmental variables. I would see how an over the counter antihistamine such as diphenhydramine (Benaryl) dosed at 1-2 mg/lb (maximum dose of 50 mg at any one time) and repeated in 8-12 hour intervals affects Macy. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?