Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My puppy was given some panacur c 1gm yesterday she weighs

Customer Question

`my puppy was given some panacur c 1gm yesterday she weighs 7 lbs each packet treats 10lbs my vet said give her 1 packet , well today she is not eating at all and she has started to vomit clear liquid my vet is closed on Saturday. hiw concerned should I be
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Are you noticing any diarrhea at all? How many vaccines has Bella recieved already?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
she has had some loose stools but they turn hard again she has had all her puppy shots that she needs she will get an extra parvo in 2 weeks because she is small It is now 9 pm and she has started eating again and stool is fine but she would not take her dose of panacur today I don't know if I should give it tomorrow
Sorry I was off line when you responded. If she is refusing to eat the panacur, you should ask your veterinarian for an alternative. I am assuming that she is not liking the panacur or it may not be agreeing with her. Is she being treated for a specific parasite? You can ask your veterinarian about treating with an alternative such as Drontal Plus which is just one pill vs powder.