Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My puppy was given some panacur c 1gm yesterday she weighs

Customer Question

`my puppy was given some panacur c 1gm yesterday she weighs 7 lbs each packet treats 10lbs my vet said give her 1 packet , well today she is not eating at all and she has started to vomit clear liquid my vet is closed on Saturday. hiw concerned should I be
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Are you noticing any diarrhea at all? How many vaccines has Bella recieved already?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
she has had some loose stools but they turn hard again she has had all her puppy shots that she needs she will get an extra parvo in 2 weeks because she is small It is now 9 pm and she has started eating again and stool is fine but she would not take her dose of panacur today I don't know if I should give it tomorrow
Sorry I was off line when you responded. If she is refusing to eat the panacur, you should ask your veterinarian for an alternative. I am assuming that she is not liking the panacur or it may not be agreeing with her. Is she being treated for a specific parasite? You can ask your veterinarian about treating with an alternative such as Drontal Plus which is just one pill vs powder.