Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog has mange he's on meds my question is can

Customer Question

Hello my dog has mange he's on meds for it my question is can I apply a topical cream such as organic coconut cream to the red itchy areas
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. In regards ***** ***** question, as long as your lad is on treatment to clear the mange mites, you can apply topical cream like coconut based ones to his skin to soothe it. If he is very itchy and inflamed, you can also bathe him in an emollient shampoo (ie Episoothe, oatmeal based ones) and apply an OTC hydrocortisone cream to those very irritated areas as needed. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )