Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Pomeranian very lethargic not usual happy hyper self also head

Customer Question

pomeranian very lethargic not usual happy hyper self also head bobbing kinda like someone with parkinsons, this has happened twice before and only lasted for 8-10 hrs
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Molly,
6 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?
Customer: nope, thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 11 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. There are a couple things that can cause these types of neurologic symptoms. One is that Molly has a congenital abnormality called a Portocaval Shunt which causes liver disease and this can cause siezure type activity. This could also be a sign of low glucose and this can be serious for Molly. It is very important that you take Molly to your vet for a thorough exam and blood work to determine the cause for this. At Molly's age, your vet can find the problem and have a treatment to help her past this. Without the diagnostics, we can only speculate what could be causing these weird symptoms. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta