Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My dog got into organic biotone.he cramped allover the place.now

Customer Question

My dog got into organic biotone.he cramped allover the place.now he just acts tired and weak.just wants lay down
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Dinky he a year old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Dinky
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dinky?
Customer: He very active usually full of energy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 9 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. Biotone is not truly toxic, but it can cause some significant GI signs- vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, GI cramping. That is probably what you're seeing now. To help with the signs, there are a couple over the counter meds that can help. First, Famotidine (Pepcid) can help with nausea and upper GI signs. The dose in dogs is 0.25 mg per lb body weight every 12-24 hours. The other is Meclizine (Antivert) that can help with vomiting and cramping. The dose is 25 mg every 24 hours. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.