Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My Maltese has a pimple on his leg that has me concerned I

Customer Question

My Maltese has a pimple on his leg that has me concerned I was just rubbing him down and I felt it on his front leg
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It looks exactly like a pimple when I squeeze it it turns red I did take a picture of it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the photo
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the photo. The skin lesion appears to be a cyst rather than a pustule (pimple). There's likely to be clear fluid inside it typical of an apocrine sweat gland cyst. This has a very benign appearance. His vet can lance and deflate it. Surgical resection should be curative.Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
You're welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's great
I appreciate it!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?