Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Why does my dog follow me around my house

Customer Question

why does my dog follow me around my house
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. This is actually a very common behavior that mnay dogs will exhibit with their owners. The main driving force behind it is a lack of confidence in a dog. Some dogs do not feel safe when they are not right with their owners. Dogs that are confident and well socialized will not exhibit this behavior. Although the behavior itself does not cause a problem it can be an indication of a dog that may develop separation anxiety. The best thing you can do for this is to find a good dog trainer and take your dog to obedience classes where she will get both well socialized and also learn to become a more confident dog so that she does not feel the need to be with you all the time. This would help her and you tremendously in the long run. The investment with a good dog trainer is well worth its weight in gold and will pay dividends for years to come. I hope this helps you but please let me know if you need additional help as Icheck my computer every night. Sincerely, ***** ***** hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question and I am happy to answer follow up questions. Thank you very much!
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Did you need additional help or have additional questions. I would very much appreciate a rating for my work. Thank you very much. DRB