Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

3 sic 6 week old pups looks like parvo but no

Customer Question

***** ***** , 3 sic 6 week old pups looks like parvo but no blood in thier poop I have no hope of getting to a vet or chemist
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: They have been vomiting for 3 days I've been syringe feeding water and sugar water some egg .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is DRB and I will try and help you with this. First you do need to get them to a vet but if you cannot there are some things you can try at home but if this is truly Parvo this may not work depending upon severity of viral strain.You need to give them proper electrolyte replacement and this can be done best with pedialyte. Mix one part pedialyte with one part water. They should get 15 mls per pound of body weight per day. Use unflavored pedialyte. I think the sugar water and egg is also helpful to replace glucose and nutrients. Just make sure to wash outside of eggshells well before cracking otherwise you can give them salmonella and that would be deadly for them. Also keep them warm as hypothermia can kill them as well. This is really about all you can do and hope that they can fight off the virus. If you can get a vet to give you some AD high calorie food that would also help to spoon feed some of that. I hope this will help you but if you have additional questions let me know as I check my computer every night. Sincerely, ***** ***** rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question and I am happy to answer follow up questions. Thank you very much!
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I ma checking back in to see if you need additional help. If not I would very much appreciate a rating from you for my time and work. Thank you very much,DRB