Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I mistakenly put tresaderm in my Doxie eyes. I flushed with

Customer Question

I mistakenly put tresaderm in my Doxie eyes. I flushed with eye drops for the dogs alergies. She is not ribing them or tearing at all.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I mistakenly put tresaderm in my Doxie eyes. I flushed with eye drops for the dogs alergies. She is not rubbing the eyes nor is the eyes tearing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 7 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this mistake. How long ago did it happen? Is she keeping her eyes open normally at this time? Is she squinting or wanting to hold them partially /fully closed?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If thing is normal and it's been about 45 min.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are u there?
So here at this time the application was 45 minutes ago and now he's completely normal with his eyes as far as keeping them open, no discharge, no redness, no irritation, or no cloudiness?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Correct
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
These are the eye drops
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
?
That is good that she's acting completely normal with her eyes at this time. If she was to start to squinting, holding the eye shut, or to have discharge then there would be more concern for irritation / damage from the application of that ear medication to the eyes. Honestly, this happens. I've had a case just like this at my ER in the past. Typically if a problem is going to arise, it will be noticed in the first few hours as far as holding the eye shut or squinting. That is when an ulcer would be suspect. The best thing to do is right after the accident is to rinse the eye with sterile contact saline. I wouldn't put anymore of those eye drops in the eye as it has a steroid.
Steroids can cause a small ulcer to really blow up. Rinsing the eye with the contact saline solution and then observing for the squinting, holding eye shut, discharge, or cloudiness would then be the next things to follow.