petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats

My dog was attacked by two neighborhood dogs. They ripped some

Customer Question

My dog was attacked by two neighborhood dogs. They ripped some hide off him and left bite marks on his hind legs. He is to big and immobile to bring to a vet. He seems alert but hurting. This is day 3. He is still eating and drinking if I bring it to him. He is up to date on shots. Advice?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years’ experience and would be happy to work with you if you are still needing assistance. If Harvey is in pain (as I would expect him to be after an attack like that), he is not only suffering, but at risk of serious infection. This is not something that can be monitored or managed without veterinary intervention. If you are unable to transport him, you need to seek housecall services to provide medical treatment for him. There is limited care that you can offer on your own and he needs antibiotics and pain medications at the very minimum, and perhaps even more than that. I would urge you to try to locate housecall services in your area, or enlist the help of a few friends to aid you in getting him into a veterinary clinic. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you. My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.Dr Z