Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My small mixed breed dog 11yo, has been seemed to have a very

Customer Question

my small mixed breed dog 11yo, has been seemed to have a very sensitive tummy recently and this morning vomited thick white mucus
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: pretty sure no. we have been watching his intake quite closely due to the upset tummy he has been having. I changed his food to grain free a while ago and his tummy seemed come better. he then had a bout of diahrea a bit over a week ago which came good and since we have only been feeding him cooked chicken. thought he was all good until this
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Buxley, he is 11
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buxley?
Customer: I don't think so??
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How much does he weigh? 2- Any pre existing medical conditions? 3- Any other symptoms? 4- Does he vomit only in the morning? 5- Has he been seen by a vet for this problem?