Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog got ant control plastic container put holes in it but

Customer Question

My dog got ant control plastic container put holes in it but does not seem to opened it should I do something.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!Can you please tell me the product name and the size of your dog? It sounds like the container itself was not ingested so we do not need to be concerned about a foreign body obstruction but want to ensure this product is not going to harm your pet...
In general these products are at a very low level of medication that it will not harm your pet. It might cause mild diarrhea or loose stools for 12-24 hours but very unlikely this will even occur. If the ant container was not ingested and your pet only bit into the container I do not expect to see any ill effectsBut just to confirm I would like to review the ingredients of the product to ensure it is nothing to be concerned about
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Avermectin
OK great, thank you. And the size and breed of your dog please just as a precaution?This product is not toxic at the levels within the ant baits luckily but just to confirm your pet's breed (as herding breeds are more at risk) is not one that is higher risk I need to address
As long as your dog is not a Border Collie, Collie, Sheltie then I don't suspect there will be an issue. If your dog is one of these breeds then monitor for any signs of gi upset, twitching, lethargy, muscle tremors but again with the amount in the product I do not expect to see any ill effects. Even in the above breedsPlease let me know how else I can assist you both today If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is your dog doing? Were there any issues overnight? I would love an update when you are ablePlease let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman