Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog Ruby is pregnant and she is 12 days overdue. She was

Customer Question

my dog Ruby is pregnant and she is 12 days overdue. She was mated on the 15th feb 2016 she has not started nesting yet and can be quite active
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Ruby. My names is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian with Just Answer. If she was mated on Feb 15th, she wold be 63 days pregnant. The average pregnancy in dogs is 63 days, so she is not overdue. 14 days in Feb (29 minus 15) plus 31 days in March and 18 days in April is 63, by my math. I have seen dogs go 70 days, so she may just not be ready yet. Try taking her temperature with a rectal thermometer. Normal is around 101 to 102. When a dog is about to give birth, the temp will drop below 100. It sounds like everything is OK so far. Let me know what else I can answer.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Can I help with anything else? How is Ruby doing?