Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My corgi is on cefpodiximine and has recently started with

Customer Question

Hi
My corgi is on cefpodiximine and has recently started with back leg tremors. Is it related to the drugs?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Is he having difficulty getting up from the floor or going up stairs? 2- Is he showing weakness in the back legs? 3- Is it both or one back leg? 4- Is he limping?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1 no
2 no
3 left leg more
4 no
Friend, the tremors you are describing are not related to the cefpodoxime. When we see quick onset of tremors in the back legs this is usually the result of weakness, pain, etc. associated with neuromuscular disorders like: Arthritis of the hips, a pinched nerve along the back, etc. to name a few causes. I would recommend a re-check examination with family veterinarian, he may need prescription anti inflammatory medications. Do Not give over the counter pain killers, most are toxic to dogs and will interfere with certain medications your vet may need to use. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!