Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian

Marianne. Labradoodle swollen ankle. My Vet, after doing an

Customer Question

Marianne. Labradoodle swollen ankle. My Vet, after doing an X-***** ***** and having it read says tibia bone cancer. Inhave done a lot of research and O can't seem to find if the ankle should generate heat. He is 13 but is very active and healthy. I plan on taking him for a second opinion
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think you hit the wrong que
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am so sorry to hear about your dog! It would not be unusual to feel heat around the swelling of a bone tumor due to inflammation in the area. I would, however, consider a second opinion, or having your vet send the x-rays to a radiologist for review, or doing a biopsy of the bone tumor, simply because of the fact that the ankle is not a common area for the most common bone cancer (Osteosarcoma), although it is certainly possible for the cancer to occur anywhere. This cancer usually presents either around the shoulder, wrist on the FRONT leg, or the around the knee on the hind leg. Here is an article on this cancer with more information to look over:
Expert:  Jess K replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Jessica Keay