Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

What chance does my 20 lb.Boston terrier-mix have against heart

Customer Question

what chance does my 20 lb.Boston terrier-mix have against heart worm?She had them when I got her ,from the Humane society 10/17/2015.She was coughing all night. I took her to Pet Emergency. Only to find she had pneumonia & a bad case of heart worm in lungs as well.She has had 3 treatments ,since passed out 4 times. She had been in a puppy mill all of her 12 plus ,I would loved to give a good(inside home) a little longer,but I do not want her to suffer to bad. Thank You for any help you can give.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.You mentioned that she has had 3 treatments, but what exactly where these 3 treatments for? Coughing? Heartworms? Antibiotics?