Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

Dog stool looks stringy, spaghetti like. no mucusJA: IÂ'm

Customer Question

dog stool looks stringy, spaghetti like. no mucus
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sohie, a yorkie. 4 yrs
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I am Dr Ola B and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'm so sorry that Sohie isn't feeling well.. Blood in the stool can occur from various sources but the most common conditions to rule out include intestinal parasites (roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, Giardia), an infection in gastrointestinal tract from dietary indiscretion or parasites, or a rectal mass or polyp that could be bleeding. The best thing at this point, is to make an appointment with your veterinarian. Certain diagnostic tests are required including rectal exam, fecal flotation, direct fecal smear, and blood test to make sure anemia hasn't occurred from the bloody stool. Once the underlying reason behind the blood in the stool is determined, the correct treatments and/or medications can be prescribed to help him feel better!I hope this advice was helpful to you. Please let me know if you need clarification on anything or have other questions about this. Also, please do not forget to rate my answer which I hope you found to be "excellent." You may do this by clicking "rate our conversation" below (Your rating is the only means of compensation I receive for answering your question). Again, let me know if I can help you further:)