Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

He's been diagnosed with a liver problem. He pooping blood

Customer Question

he's been diagnosed with a liver problem. He pooping blood and lethargic. I can't afford to take him back to the vet. last time they kept him for several days. I don't know how to help him!
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: mason
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian with Just Answer. What liver problem was he diagnosed with: infection, hepatitis, liver cancer? How long ago was this diagnosis? Is he taking any medication for liver disease?