Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

We gave our German shepherd 1000ml of the solution 2 days in

Customer Question

we gave our German shepherd 1000ml of the solution 2 days in a row thinking that she was so dehydrated that would help. we were instructed to give the 1000 ml solution every two days. She is still drinking water. Should I hold back on her oral intake and will the overdose of 2000 ml of solution in the last one day after the other cause effects causing her to succumb to to much of the ringers injection.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today. How much does she weigh?Are her gums moist or sticky?Any skin tenting when lifted or sunken eyes?Any changes to her breathing?Is she passing more urine?How is she otherwise?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Akamai weighs 71 pounds. Gums moist slitly sticky. breathing is rapid she has not passed urine in the last few hours did not do a skin tent but was after the saline injection. eyes ok. laying flat and howls and nips when trying to move her. She was on a antibiotic but stopped when we started the saline solution.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you,Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?Did her howling/nipping start after the 2nd dose of fluids?