Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 84 pound 13 year old Golden retriever ***** ***** has had

Customer Question

My 84 pound 13 year old Golden retriever ***** ***** has had diarrhea for 4 days. Her vet cannot see her until tomorrow at four. The stool was just loose and occurred every 4 hours or so at first. She is drinking but still not eating. She ate nothing at all Thursday and Friday. Yesterday she ate a little rice with chicken and later a little ground beef and chicken. Today she has eaten nothing. Her stools are now of a liquid consistency. When I attempted to clean her anal region today with warm water and baby shampoo, I noticed how inflamed and red it appeared. I am trying to keep her in in a contained area of my mostly carpeted home because my 71 year old self cannot push that carpet shampooer another minute today. Is there anything I can do today to make her more comfortable and prevent more diarrhea until we can get to the vet tomorrow? Thanks so much. Bev Jones
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What would you like to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Any blood in the stool? 2- Any pre existing medical conditions? 3- Any vomiting? 4- Any other symptoms?