Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Delsym dosage 20 pound dog

Customer Question

delsym dosage for a 20 pound dog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!So sorry to hear George has this cough. There are some home remedies that can help reduce the cough and give relief1.) The steam of the shower when the cough is severe or constant2.) A little honey three times daily can help soothe the lungs3.) If you have a humidifier or nebulizer that would also be wonderful to use in this situationUnfortunately I prefer to avoid cough suppressants because when suppressing a cough if there is phlegm or buildup and lead to bronchitis or even pneumonia if the material is not coughed up so this is not something I tend to administer. If you elect to use delays for his size, the dose is 0.25-1 mg/pound by mouth every 8 hours or 5 - 20 mg every 8-12 hours. Please do NOT use products containing acetaminophen, caffeine, or alcohol, as these may be deadly to pets. I hope this information makes sense! If the cough is productive, there is lethargic or a reduced appetite then it would be best to have a veterinary exam to ensure antibiotics are not warranted. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both!If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!