Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I put some liquid used for ticks and fleas on my dog today and she is very adjutant. She is breathing very heavy. I gave her a Benadryl, but it not helping much. She is four years old
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!So sorry that your dog is not feeling wellFirst and foremost please wash your dog immediately with dawn dish soap x 10 minutes before rinsing and repeat in 4-6 hours. We want to get this product off the skin to minimize spread and absorptionNext let's make sure you are giving an accurate dose for benadryl at 1 mg/ pound every 6-8 hours. This might cause mild sedation and in rare instances can cause hyper excitability but should help reduce symptomsIf she is not improving within an hour you may have to consider a veterinary er to treat her symptoms and provide relief. Unfortunately some products can have side effects neurologically so if she is progressing this is the best course of action to treat her. There are no direct cures but treatments that can be done in a veterinary setting that are not options at homeI hope this information makes sense. Please keep her in a quiet low lit room to minimize stimulation until she is feeling better..> If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is your dog doing? I would love an update...Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!