Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My name is ***** ***** and I have a pit mix. She

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** and I have a pit bull mix. She ate trash yesterday and has vomitted twice and has diarrhea . Should I take her to a pet er?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear what happened with your dog eating trash. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. Is she able to keep anything down? If she can't even hold down water, if drinking makes her vomit, then she should be checked out as soon as possible. If you look at her gums, are they pink in color, or pale? If they are pink, that is a good sign. If her gums seem pale, I would recommend having her seen by a veterinarian today or tomorrow at the latest. The big concern is if she has a blockage in her intestines, which can happen when a dog gets into the trash. However, dogs can also just get sick from eating trash, vomit a couple of times to get it out, and then they may be fine. If her gums are pink and she can hold down water or broth, then waiting until tomorrow may be OK. If everything she drinks is vomited back up, if her gums seem pale to you, I would consider going to ER today. Let me know if this is helpful and what other questions I can answer.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Let me know if this was helpful and if I can answer any more of your questions.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?