Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My My 4 month old puppy had a tick on his belly near his penis,

Customer Question

My My 4 month old puppy had a tick on his belly near his penis, and there are two bull's eye spots near it. I am concerned because we are very observant and this just occurred today. But despite the neck treatment the vet gave us, he's still getting bitten And, of course, now I am also worried because in the last week, it's like all potty training with him is gone and he pees inside and drinks more than usual. And I am a health care worker so my imagination is just going nuts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't think I have anymore pertinent information except that he seems ok
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: What spot on treatment had been used for him?Are the lesions inflamed or red?Does his urine look more dilute or stronger then usual?Is he passing large or small volumes when he has these accidents?