Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My basset hound is 12 and she has stopped eating and now her

Customer Question

My basset hound is 12 and she has stopped eating and now her eyes seemed to be shut. She walks around but does not look like she feels good.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Like on the bottom of her foot?
JA: What is the basset hound's name?
Customer: Her name is Sadie
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:How long has she had these signs?Any retching, gagging, lip licking or vomiting?Is she drinking normally? More or less?Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?Any changes to her breathing, weight, or diarrhea?