Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine

My name is ***** *****. I am concerned about a dog I am dog

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****. I am concerned about a dog I am dog sitting for
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just got home a little while ago. he seemed a little out of sorts. he yelped a bit when he jumped off the couch. and now he's shivering
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 6 months ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available and the wait you have had for someone to reply.If he is still shivering, then this most likely has to do with pain. Crying at random and shivering is most commonly associated with back or neck pain. So, if this is worsening, especially some crying out when you pick him up (often before you even start to life) then he needs to be seen on an emergency basis today to evaluate his neck/back. If he has partially ruptured a disk then the sooner he starts on medication (anti-inflammatory and pain relief) the higher his chance for recovery with medication alone and without surgery.Certainly there are many other possible causes for pain that would cause shivering and crying out such as abdominal/stomach pain (although he should have progressed to have other symptoms such as vomti/diarrhea, not eating, etc). I am at a point I need to know what questions you have and how he is doing now.I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.