Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

My dog 30lbs pounds is showing symptoms like post nasal drainage

Customer Question

My dog 30lbs pounds is showing symptoms like post nasal drainage to back of throat, no sob or discoloration ,intermittent episodes periods, scratching at body different areas of body no fleas noted. Remain playful.Please advise? No distress noted at present. My name is ***** ***** is Zeus
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr Altman and happy to assist you both today1So sorry to hear Zeus has this issue! There are a few things you can try:- Benadryl 1 mg/ pound to help with the itch and the post nasal drip every 8-12 hours but may cause mild sedation- Steam of the shower to help with the drip and reduce congestion- Oatmeal-based dog shampoo for the itch with ten minute contact time three times weekly before rinsing- Fish oil with 750 mg EPA & DHA daily but this will take 2-4 weeks for full effect- Ensure you are feeding Zeus a high quality no by product dog foodI hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlierPlease let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today, I am online another 30 minutes tonight If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!