Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

Pearl JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be

Customer Question

hi pearl
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: my great dane i have noticed since we moved to a new city has really red jowls as well as nostrils his stools are runny as well
JA: How old is I?
Customer: could it be the water change to city water?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: he is about 20 months
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Great Dane. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. The redness you see could be an allergic reaction to something, but usually dogs do not react to a water change. Still, you could try bottled water to see if that makes a difference. The runny stools could be from the water, but could be stress, diet, parasites, or infections. You can give Pepto Bismal or Imodium for diarrhea. Let me know what other question I can answer.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Let me know if this was helpful and if I can answer any more of your questions. How is she doing today?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?