Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

MY dog is a mix about 12lbs. and very short haired he is losing

Customer Question

MY dog is a mix about 12lbs. and very short haired he is losing his hair mostly on belly and neck. Why?
Submitted: 1 year ago via Dog-Health-Guide.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Oliver. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. Is he itchy at all? If he is itchy, he may be itching and losing hair because of allergies, or a skin infection. If he is not at all itchy, then this could be due to a hormone imbalance (adrenal glands, thyroid gland) or internal disease, or a condition called "seasonal alopecia" where the hair stops growing for a year or two (we don't know what causes this condition). Let me know if he is itchy or not, and what other questions you have.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Let me know if this was helpful and if I can answer any more of your questions.