Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

13 year-old Golden Retriever...has been diagnosed with Cushings

Customer Question

13 year-old Golden Retriever...has been diagnosed with Cushings in the past. New symptoms today include constant "stretching" and tremors. Will eat and drink. Ideas?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: 13 year-old Golden Retriever...has been diagnosed with Cushings in the past. New symptoms today include constant "stretching" and tremors. Will eat and drink. Ideas?
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: Can't isolate any particular spot.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Kismet. Age 13.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Seems like a neurologic issue. Dog can't seem to get comfortable.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.I am sorry to hear Kismet is experiencing these symptoms. Generally when we see stretching and difficulty getting comfortable this signals pain, as you seem to be suspicious. Most commonly this is associated with abdominal pain such as from the pancreas but can be other areas like gall bladder. The trembling may be another factor of pain. I do not think I can necessarily link this to Cushing's syndrome, though.If she has not been able to settle yet and continues this, then I must recommend you have her seen on emergency. If she has a pancreas or gall bladder this pain this it might be potentially life-threatening as either may rupture (a pancreatic abscess or a mucocele in the gall bladder) and then this is very bad. It is better to err on the side of caution with this.There is not an easy over-the-counter remedy and given that she has Cushign's and her age I cannot recommend any non-prescription pain relief medication without seeing what her lab work looks like today. I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Joey