Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

My dog ate 2 ear foam plugs. She is a 52 pound golden doodle.

Customer Question

My dog ate 2 ear foam plugs. She is a 52 pound golden doodle. Should I worry? Will the expand when she drinks water?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My dog is 52lbs a Goodlendoodle ate 2 of the foam ear plugs you use to sleep. The are cream colored called "Quiet Please". I am worried about her stomach. If she needs to throw up or if she will pass them and if the foam will expand when she drinks water. Will this hurt her stomach.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!Do you happen to have the name brand so I can review the product and determine its level of concern? Also how long ago did she ingest them?
If your dog ingested this within the last hour then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds (i.e. 1 tbsp & 2 tsp) then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.Very likely there will be no issues but best to be safe in this situationIf no vomiting- White rice and lean boiled meat such chicken x 24-48 hours until you see them out the other end- Leash walks twice daily x 15-30 minutes to help encourage gi motility and pushing the buds through- Canned pumpkin 1 tbsp twice daily can also help firm up stoolsIf there is vomiting at any point and the peroxide was not effective in removing the buds please consider a veterinary exam to ensure there is no obstruction...I hope this information makes sense, please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, I am online another 30 minutes if I can be of any further assistance todayPlease let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman