Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

She is a10 year old Lab and has recently developed a terrible

Customer Question

She is a10 year old Lab and has recently developed a terrible fear of wind storms. Is there something I can give her to relieve her stress?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: She pants, breathes hard and tries to hide behind me or in a corner
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 10 years old.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: This is a very recent development, but it escalates with her very quickly.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear your dog has developed this fear. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. If you want to try something herbal or over the counter (nonprescription), you could try Zylkene, or Stress Away. Zylkene is made from milk, and Stress Away is herbal. You could also try a DAP (dog appeasing pheromone) collar or spray or diffuser. If her fear and anxiety is really bad, you may need prescription medication such as alprazolam or acepromazine. You could only get prescription medication from a veterinarian who has seen and examined her. Let me know what other questions you have.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Let me know if this was helpful and if I can answer any more of your questions.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?