Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She is 7yrs old and dripping a little blood and she wont eat

Customer Question

She is 7yrs old and dripping a little blood and she wont eat her dog food but she will eat chicken and she moving really slow
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Madam
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Madam?
Customer: Her eyes have that white cole in them
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Madam's situation. Has she been spayed (she had the surgery so she can't have puppies)? How long has the dripping of blood been going on? Where is it coming from exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has not been spayed and that just started today but she has been acting a sad and sick since Tuesday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Is the blood coming from her vaginal region? I'm not set up to handle calls at this time, is this ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm very sorry for my delay. I had some major computer internet hook up issues. If she's bleeding from the vaginal region, then an infection in the uterus would have to be very concerning. An infection in the uterus is called a pyometra. Here is a very good link on this.http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=603If she has a pyometra, then this is something that turns into a surgical issue.