Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

I switched my pregnant mothers good after she got lost

Customer Question

Hello I switched my pregnant mothers good after she got lost in the neighborhood she was brought back with diarrhea. I dont know what she ate will someone else had her What do I do ..she drags her butt clean on carpet and its driving me crazy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am so sorry to hear that your dog has loose stools I can give you some basic suggestions but if there is no change please consider a veterinary exam and fecal evaluation to ensure there is nothing more serious going on with her digestive tract but diarrhea can also be an early indicator of other problems that may require attention to prevent progression to weight loss, vomiting, decreased appetite or even miscarriage of the puppies- White rice and lean boiled meat such chicken but waiting until tomorrow to feed again to allow the gastric spasms to subside...- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.5 mg/ kg every 12 hours to help settle her stomach. If you have omeprazole that is also an option for settling the stomach at 1 mg/kg daily - Canned pumpkin 1 tbsp twice daily can also help firm up stoolsIf there is any blood or mucus in the stools as well please consider a veterinary exam sooner rather than later to ensure that we treat more aggressively for these symptoms. In addition, monitor for signs of nausea (licking lips, increased salivation, eating grass) or vomiting as well.Please let me know how else I can assist you both today. I hope your pet is feeling better soon! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She has had puppies already
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They are 3 weeks
OK your response said that she was pregnantThen I would start feeding the mixture I listed tonight and if you are able to supplement the puppies that would be ideal since we don't want the puppies to get whatever she might have been exposed to for at least 12 hours if you are able
Does this information make sense? Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both todayIf you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you
If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!I am online another 30 minutes if I can be of any further assistance tonight

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman