Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I noticed a milky area along the bottom of my dogs lower eye

Customer Question

i noticed a milky area along the bottom of my dogs lower eye lid. I wiped it with saline solution thinking it was just discharge but it doesn't remove it. My dog does have uveitis that is under control but this looks different. I am wondering if it could be allergies, but there is no redness, or a mild infection. I have many eye medications at home so I am wondering if something I have could work.It's only in 1 eye.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations Does can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. How old is Does?
Customer: Angus is 10 years old.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: He does have some underlying autoimmune condition that seems to have given him steroid responsive menengitis, uveitis and diabetes but all are well under control with prednisolone 5mg, and humulin n. I get panicked when I see something new. It doesn't seem to bother him...he does have a bit of seasonal allergies . It looks more like tissue than discharge.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hello. This may just be some allergic conjunctivitis. If that's the case, it should clear up with some steroid eye drops. Something with Pred or Dexamethasone would be fine to use. If it seems to make the eyes irritated or worse, then stop it and get the eyes checked by a vet. If it's helping, you can use it 2-3 times daily for 5-7 days to clear this up. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?