Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

I am not sure if she is pregnant, but yesterday she had a mucus

Customer Question

I am not sure if she is pregnant, but yesterday she had a mucus like coming from her vagina
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: her mood has changes dramatically, she is very vocal, is that a concern
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
When was your dog last in heat, please? How old is she? A simple vaginitis or discharge consistent with either pregnancy, pseudopregnancy, or infectious endometritis (pyometra) need to be considered predicated upon the timing of her heat cycle.