Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

This morning I noticed her wobbling a little and it is getting

Customer Question

This morning I noticed her wobbling a little and it is getting worse she won't eat or play ball. Her eyes are squinting but not really dualsted
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sadie and she just turned 5
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think ig
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We got her to eat a little bit of sandwich and kinda run a little bit when I'm one spot she starts to fall over and she just seems out of it. There isn't any chance of antifreeze poisoning.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Sadie's behavior suggested intoxication with a prescription or recreational drug, chemical, complex partial seizure (also called psychomotor seizure), encephalopathy (brain disorder) or perhaps a profoundly anemic dog. May I have an update on Sadie, please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Today she seems fine. She woke up bounded out of bed wagging her tail went potty then came in and drank a bunch of water.
That's good to hear. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. The transient nature of her behavior would rule out encephalopathy and the weakness of anemia. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Last night she could hardly move and refused to eat or drink. Her mouth and tongue were so dry my husband have her water through a baby syringe. Today. She's acting like nothing happened although she's somewhat clingy
A dietary indiscretion - drug or chemical - or seizure activity are likely causes of what you saw. Mark your calendar for the event and just what you witnessed. If she behaves in this manner again, seizures should be the most important differential diagnosis. Her vet will need all the information you can gather before deciding if Sadie needs to be medicated.