Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I gave a 3 week old shih tzu puppy that has a deformed front

Customer Question

I gave a 3 week old shih tzu puppy that has a deformed front right foot. Doesn't or can't walk on it. Moves leg from elbow. Anything I can do. Is runt only 1/2 size of litter mates.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a close-up photo(s) of this foot/leg to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. In most cases, X-rays are necessary to identify bony birth defects that may or may not be surgically correctable.