Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My 13 pound Boston Terrier just ate a tea bag. The wrapper

Customer Question

Hi, my 13 pound Boston Terrier just ate a tea bag. The wrapper was shredded on the floor, but the tea (caffienated) string and mesh are gone. Is this going to hurt her?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the Boston terrier will be able to digest that. What is the Boston terrier's name and age?
Customer: 3 years old. Her name is Sukey.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: well, this was about 15 mins ago
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can. I am sorry to hear your dog ate the tea bag. How long ago did this happen?What kind of tea was this (black, white, green, etc)?Does your dog have any history of any medical problems (heart disease, hormone diseases, etc)?