Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My 10 yr. old poodle has diabetes. she takes a shot in the

Customer Question

my 10 yr. old poodle has diabetes. she takes a shot in the morning and one in the evening. the shot is 4mm. we just accidently doubled up on the evening shot. Is there something that can happen to our dog and is there anything we can do.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? What type of insulin is your dog on? How long has she been on insulin for? When was the last time her blood sugar was checked by your veterinarian?