Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

This morning I noticed my 4 year old boxer, Bruno has greenish

Customer Question

This morning I noticed my 4 year old boxer, Bruno has greenish - yellow discharge in both eyes. His eyelids look inflamed and the whites are red. It looks like he has pink eye! I have sulfacetamide sodium ophthalmic solution USP 10%. Can I use that for him?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience in treating dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again Sorry to hear Bruno has this problem, but hopefully it is something minor, however I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. There is no reason why this sort of product { sulphonamide based ophthalmic solution } should not be used in dogs and it could well be effective in simple uncomplicated eye conditions such as conjunctivitis { Pink Eye } 2. You would normally put two or three drops in each affected eye four times a day for five days or so. 3. However eye conditions can quickly go wrong in a spectacular and irretrievable fashion, so if the condition does not quickly start to improve or if you note any deterioration then you should have Bruno's eyes checked over by a vet without delay.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 months ago.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how Bruno is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his eye problem ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bruno. How is everything going?

Vet_Answers