Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Will mucinez dm hurt my dig don't know that she ate any but

Customer Question

Will mucinez dm hurt my dig don't know that she ate any but strip was on floor and 2 pills on floor. Should I make her throw up?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ruby weighs about 28 pounds. Just found half a strip of empty package on floor with 2 loose pills has 1200 MG guaifenesin +60 mg detromethorphan HBr
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How many pills did Ruby take? 2- How long has it been since she took the pills? 3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
I am going to to opt out so that if you come back another expert could help you. I will be going offline for the night.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I could not find you in my emails. I thought maybe she had taken one but it was a mega dose MUCINEX DM 1200 mg plus another ingredient but my husband thought there were only 2 left in the package and they were on the floor. I have seen no side effects of her actually ingesting them but I found another Vet who said to make her vomit. Can you please tell me your take on this making her vomit and what dose of hydrogen peroxide she would need. She weighs about 30 pounds and is a King Charles Cav/Cocker mix. I did pay for an answer and really was a scary situation for me. That way I would know what to do right away. It happened about 6 pm yesterday. Thank you for your response.