Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

Doc, just can't recall the dosing info in

Customer Question

Hi Doc, just can't recall the dosing info for cephalexin in a 20lb dog.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 16 yr old cocker with a slight recurrance of a skin infection that was previously treated with cephalexin. I am a vet tech and my vet just left for vacation, naturally.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. The dose for Cephalexin for skin infections is 22mg/kg (10mg/lb) every 12 hours. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!