Dr-Bonk, Veterinarian
Experience:  Five years as a veterinarian working with man's best friend. Have worked with pets, hunting and herding dogs, hounds, and breeders.

He's 18 weeks old and just recently has HORRIBLE breath (like

Customer Question

He's 18 weeks old and just recently has HORRIBLE breath (like a trash dumpster) and has green stringy, gooey stuff in his eyes.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Wrigley
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Wrigley has had diarrhea lately and has been seeing a vet. They think it's something to do with not having enough fiber in his diet so we've gotten it under control with adding pumpkin to his kibble.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Dr. Bonk. I'm sorry to hear about Wrigley's troubles. Bad breath can be caused either by an issue with the teeth or with the GI tract. Where he is also experiencing eyes troubles, it could be related to an abscessed tooth. The upper molar roots extend into a dog's sinuses and can affect the eyes. It would be best to get his teeth checked by your vet and possibly get on antibiotics.If he teeth are okay, most pet stores carry products that you can add to the water or apply directly in the mouth that can help settle the stomach and bad breath. There are many, many products, so it just comes down to finding one that works for you and Wrigley.I hope this helps. Please contact me with any further questions you may have. Thank you and good luck!
Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 6 months ago.
You can also try adding a little plain yogurt to his diet. This can help restore normal, good bacteria in the gut and can settle his stomach.